Wednesday 23 March 2011

Matt's 17th Birthday Card









This is Matt's birthday card. His birthday is on Friday - Happy Birthday Matty Boy!

I made him a "Neverending" card.

(this is a class I am running on the 8th April if you'd like to learn how to make one just email to book your place).

Matt isn't too keen on the "Make a Monster" stamp set, and commented on some of my previous cards using this set, saying "they weren't up to my usual standard", he had been talking me up to some of his friends and decided to show them some of my cards that were on my card stand on the dining room table and he came across the "Make a Monster" set of 3. I can't tell you what he said about them because it wasn't terribly complimentary!!!! He did tell his friends that normally my cards are really good and he didn't know what these ones were all about.


Anyway I came up with this Neverending card using the "Extreme Surfer" and "Well Scripted" opening up to "Lots of Bots" which I borrowed from my sister, and the final opening just had to have a "Make a Monster" for him. I am loving the Medium Sizzlit Dies - Junior Alphabet - I can see I will be using these alot, just love the look of them on a specific card.



I've used all SU products (some retired DSP & Simply Scrappin Kit).

Stamp sets: Extreme Surfer, Well Scripted, Lots of Bots, Make a Monster.

Card stock: Tempting Turquoise, Real Red, Basic Black and Whisper White.

Inks: Basic Black, Old Olive, Not Quite Navy, Bashful Blue and Marina Mist, Versa mark.

Tools: Big Shot, Medium Sizzlits Dies - Timeless Type Junior Alphabet, heat gun.



1 comment:

  1. This is such a cool card, it's nice when the kids take an interest in what you do and Happy Birthday to Matt for Friday.

    ReplyDelete

Make and Create Event - Centre Fold Display Card

Measurements : Card base - Highland Heather: 15cm x 29.4cm scored on the long side @ 9.8cm and 19.6cm. On the short side fold over one end a...