Monday 21 February 2011

March Technique - Poppin Pastels

March Technique class is "Poppin Pastels". This is a really easy and very effective technique.

I am pleased to say that the above card using "Just Believe" is completely my idea!!! Yay.

Finally some creative juices are flowing.

I have recently received the Embosslits "Beautiful Wings" die and have been playing.

Love the little butterflies.


The card above and below were inspired by one similar by Linda Higgins.

Here I have used the "Poppin Pastel" technique with "Upsy Daisy" stamp set.

I have also used the "Perfect Polka Dot" embossing folder and the "Scallop Trim Border" punch and my new Embosslit die "Beautiful Wings".


The cards above and below are my own designs....yay....
Here I have used "Lovely as a Tree" stamp set.
The card above with the 6 trees had input from my nearly 17 year old son, Matt.
The kids often come into my study when I am playing with my stamps and have some imput into what I'm doing.

Most of the time they have some really good ideas and I am more than happy to try them.

Matt suggested "orangey" autumn tones in the trees.
I explained to him that would be "Cajon Craze"!

"Whatever" was the response.
I tried his suggestion and the next time he was passing by he told me that it was good and it had a more "autumnal" feel!!!

I was impressed.
I used a non SU embossing folder to back the image as this cobblestone look folder Matt chose with me one day in a craft store.
You have to admire a nearly 17 year old even showing interest, I know I do.
The old oak tree out of the "Lovely as a Tree" set is another favourite of mine.

The "Poppin Pastel" technique has a very soft muted effect.

Not quite as soft as in the photos, the cards have a little more oomph than the photos suggest.

I swiped the "Crumb Cake" A5 card with the "Crumb Cake" ink pad

to achieve the background effect.

I cut out a "Top Note" die and turned it round and cut it out again to

get the square looking top note.

Hope you liked these cards!

1 comment:

  1. Denise all these cards are great and i love the square Top Note, now that is thinking outside the square, i have to try this, it looks so cool.

    ReplyDelete

Make and Create - Faux Centre Step - A Little Latte Suite

Make and Create card for Friday 22 March 2024 - 2.00pm Measurements for the card below if you'd like to make and create with me in the F...