Saturday 28 May 2011

More of Mark's Birthday cards

The above card Olivia made for her Dad. The stamped "Sail Away" image I wasn't too happy with so it was in my little rubbish box. Olivia came into my craft room and asked me why I was throwing it out. I told her I wasn't happy with it, she asked if she could have it, which of course she could. Have a look at what she did with it. She sponged over the image creating the sea and the horizon and sky (this covered up the bit I wasn't happy with) she then borrowed my Big Shot and cut out a top note die, sponged the edges and layered it onto some cardstock. Stamped "Wish Big" from "Short & Sweet" and punched it out with the Word Window punch. Just goes to show how even images you're not happy with can still come up looking very lovely.
This card for Mark was from my sister, Narelle.
She used the "Sense of Time" stamp set, Cajun Craze cardstock and ink. She stamped the clock in versamark then cajun craze and clear embossed it (can't really see that in the photo). She has used a non SU embossing folder to some cardstock and then attach the clock and gears and sentiment. A couple of eyelets and square brad and some twine, also the spritzer tool I think. Very nice masculine card. Got the seal of approval from this household (that means both Matt and Olivia thought it was good) they are the toughest critics. Mark also liked it very much.

1 comment:

  1. Two great cards, Olivia has made a fantastic male card and so has Narelle and i love the Cajun Craze.

    ReplyDelete

Thoughtful Journey Cards

“Make it Monday” cards this week were using new products coming 1st May.  “Thoughtful Journey” suite collection is stunning. The 6x6 papers ...