Saturday 5 March 2011

Inspiration from things you don't expect

My sister, Narelle, gave me this mug for Christmas.
As I was having a coffee at my desk this week and making cards
(as I do in amongst all the other running around that I do!)
I liked the colours of the mug - a bit of Baja Breeze and Whisper White.
I liked the bird and branches on the mug - Friends 24/7.
So it inspired me to make this card.
I used the "Emboss Resist" technique.
On White cardstock I stamped in Versa mark then clear embossed the images.
I then inked up my brayer in Baja Breeze and rolled the inked brayer over and over the white card stock. The embossed images then just pop off the page.

This card I CASEd from Marelle Taylor. She does such beautiful work, I try to vary the cards when I case them but this one was just so beautiful I went for a straight copy.
I used the same technique - Emboss Resist.
I stamped a background on Very Vanilla cardstock using Very Vintage wheel and Vintage Vogue stamps using Baja Breeze and Not Quite Navy inks.
Next I embossed the Medallion stamp on top in clear embossing powder.
Once again I inked up my brayer and brayered over it in Baja Breeze ink.
It is a great effect and quite stunning.
"Teeny Tiny Sentiments", the Word Window punch, Large Oval punch and Designer Label Punch, Basic Pearls completes the card with a sentiment.


1 comment:

  1. Great cards, i don't use my brayer enough,not at all but these have inspired me.

    ReplyDelete

Back to Basics Female Card Class - Beginner stampers!

Back to Basics Female card class - stamps, ink and paper. This is the perfect class for the beginner. Saturday 4th May @1.30pm. Make 4 car...