Sunday 30 January 2011

More Presto Patterns Specialty DSP

I love the "Upsy Daisy" stamp set and haven't played with it for a while. The card above I used the Shimmer Paint (from the IB&C) Using an eye dropper that I purchased from the local chemist, I placed 2 drops of ink from a reinker bottle and 3 drops of Shimmer Paint (Champagne Mist) into a little container. Then using a sponge dauber I mixed and sponged the ink and shimmer paint together and dabbed it onto the daisies of the stamp. I then did the same again with Old Olive reinker and shimmer paint and dabbed the stems. I then stamped the image on to Whisper White card stock. It has a beautiful shimmery appearance that is very hard to photograph. I sponged the edges of the white card using Old Olive. Then using a piece of the new "Presto" papers I sponged the criss cross background card with "Tempting Torquoise" ink. Next using the "Smooch Spritz" - Silver Foil I gave the criss cross background card a few spritz's of the sillver. If you don't have the "Colour Catcher" shown in the Summer Mini for $10.50 you may find a few things around your card will get "spritzed" as well. If you think you are going to do a lot of "Spritzing" then the Colour Catcher is well worth investing in.

This card is similar to one I have previously published. I was asked to make a card for one of the ladies I work with who is turning "50" this week. Out came the "Presto" papers again, "Well Scripted" and "Vintage Vogue" stamp sets. I used a Pearl Glimmer Mist over the "Presto" papers to give the card a lovely soft glimmery affect. Other SU items used, 1 1/4" striped grosgrain ribbon - Old Olive, Eyelet border punch, scallop oval punch, Oval extra-large punch, Jewels - Basic Pearls.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Back to Basics Female Card Class - Beginner stampers!

Back to Basics Female card class - stamps, ink and paper. This is the perfect class for the beginner. Saturday 4th May @1.30pm. Make 4 car...